Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number.
We may also collect ancillary information from you such as:
- your shopping preferences; and
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other).
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our web site. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
How we collect your personal information
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations or requests for our products (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means); and/or
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products to you;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (Purpose):
- to provide you with products that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products offered by us or our partners via email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by us by making a request to us.
Email: [PLEASE INSERT]
Mail: [PLEASE INSERT]
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a Purpose.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.